There’s been a Jet Set Radio-shaped hole in our hearts for years, but Sega doesn’t seem too eager to revisit the rollerbladin’, taggin’, and cop-dodgin’ series. Thankfully, Team Reptile is stepping in to help with the reveal of Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, a very specifically inspired game that keeps the dream alive with a soundtrack by JSR‘s Hideki Naganuma.
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is currently set to hit PC in 2021, and the Steam page is already live with more screens and info. Check out a quick teaser:
More from the Steam description:
Team Reptile brings you Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, 1 second per second of highly advanced funkstyle. In a world from the mind of Dion Koster, where self-styled crews are equipped with personal boostpacks, new heights of graffiti are reached. Start your own cypher and dance, paint, trick, face off with the cops and stake your claim to the extrusions and cavities of a sprawling metropolis in an alternate future set to the musical brainwaves of Hideki Naganuma.
– In the game you can choose a character from your crew and explore the three-dimensional streets freely.
– Each stage is a neighborhood that represents one time of day.
– You can grind, slide, jump, trick and airdash to move around
– The goal is to get your name up, your name up on the wall. Every stage has many spots to find where you can paint graffiti.
– You will encounter a lot of weirdos.
Stay tuned for more info as details are revealed.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe